Thursday, October 9, 2014

Officially Un-Teen

My 20th birthday! I have been contemplating this for a while - the fact that I am technically no longer a child - and, for now, I am over my quarter-life crisis. I mean, for heaven's sake, today's supposed to be about celebrating and not about worrying how a quarter of my life has gone by in the blink of an eye.

Although it was certainly hard being away from home today (even all the wonderful FaceTime calls in the world can't replace real hugs and kisses), I am so lucky to have such a wonderful host family and to have made incredible friends in Lyon. A special thank you to my host mom and Danielle for making this day so special!

The tarte aux pralines, a Lyonnaise specialty, my host family got for me
 Angelina's hot chocolate - the best!

And tomorrow, I'm off to Cassis with Danielle for the birthday weekend - stay tuned!

1 comment: