Sunday, September 7, 2014

A Lyonnaise Weekend

I had a wonderful time buying produce yesterday at the farmer's market by the Rhône. It was so much fun to see what all the producers had to offer that morning: cheese, honey, fresh fruits and vegetables, homemade paella, fresh flowers, rotisserie chicken... 

The best 17€ I've ever spent

Today, I...(drum roll, please)...hung out with French people! For the first time since I have been in France, I spent an afternoon with French people my age. Essentially, a few of us Americans went with a French girl one of us knew to a park outside the center of Lyon where a DJ was playing music for the afternoon. The grounds were packed with mostly French high school and college students with a few families here and there. 

The bustling park

To be completely honest, we mainly hung out with the one French girl. (Side note: young French people are not extremely curious; besides initial introductions, they were ultimately uninterested in us Americans.) Nevertheless, we had a great time drinking overpriced beer and rosé at this free music event and practicing our French.

No comments:

Post a Comment