Tuesday, September 30, 2014

French Foodie

I know most of my posts often include food, but this one specifically dedicated to my reviews of some of the yummy things I have eaten in the last week or so.

Friday, September 19th: Restaurant L'Epicerie

YUM. Definitely would go here again! This place was mainly tartines and desserts - affordable and delicious. I had a bowl of their "house" soup (carrot, spices, etc.) that was to-die-for and a tartine with saumon fumé, followed up my the tarte au citron with meringue on top.  Highly recommend the soup and tartine, but not so much my tart. The best dessert was Danielle's, the cheesecake in a jar. It was spoon-licking, jar-licking good.

How cute is the interior?!

Thursday, September 25th: Bernachon

This pretty chocolatier is known as the best place to get hot chocolate in Lyon. Seeing as though it was a rainy day and Danielle and I had just finished our first salsa class, we decided to treat ourselves and took the metro to Foch! There, we shared a chocolat chaud (their house speciality), which not only has chocolate ganache and vanilla in it, but crème fraîche too! Needless to say, one cup each was enough for the both of us. We were extremely satisfied! However, I still think Paris's Angelina takes the cake...


Monday, September 29th: Frites Alors!

"Fries then"! This place is actually a Quebec chain, but people on our program have been raving about it so Danielle and I decided to check it out after our little Croix-Rousse field trip (more on that later). My chicken sandwich was good, as were the fries, but nothing too special. The restaurant is known for its variation of poutines, a Quebec dish consisting of french fries, topped with a light brown gravy-like sauce and cheese curds, so next time we'll have to try that. The best part about this meal was dessert - I know, I love dessert. We shared a cheesecake with speculoos crust and some red berry drizzle. The French love their cheesecake, and so do we!


No comments:

Post a Comment